Leidos Engineering is looking for a Junior Civil/Structural Engineer to join our team.
The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects, low voltage distribution projects, and other tasks, as assigned. He/she will be responsible for design and planning efforts related to power transmission and distribution physical facilities. This includes preparation of drawings specifications and reports to define the scope of work associated with the construction of power transmission and distribution lines. He/she will prepare or review structure loading drawings, environmental permitting drawings, right-of-way support drawings transmission line hardware and structure assembly drawings, material and equipment specifications, line design parameters, and line routing; prepare project budgets, schedules and estimates; and perform analyses in association with large scale transmission and distribution ("T&D") projects. He/she will provide construction monitoring and field technical support for power transmission and distribution projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will periodically interface with clients, and will provide assistance to Project Managers.
• B.S. in civil or electrical engineering required
• 0-2 years experience with specific transmission and distribution ("T&D") projects
• Engineer-In Training ("EIT") professional certification preferred
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills required
• Course studies in power delivery systems preferred
• Course studies in project management preferred
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
• Detail oriented