The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has an opportunity for an Aviation Materials and Logistics Consultant with extensive experience in a broad-spectrum of aviation materials and supply chain operations. This position will support materials and logistics operations centered around Manassas, VA though due to nature or work the position supports aviation operations globally. This position may be virtual with travel within the continental United States as required to support Airborne Integration and Ground Processing Systems (AIGPS) Operations. AIGPS leverages decades of operational and technical integration expertise to rapidly and successfully design, integrate, deploy, and sustain specialized, cutting-edge Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor packages in any region of interest worldwide. AIGPS works directly with government program managers to optimize platform selection and system design based on project requirements; partnerships with research labs, sensor manufacturers, and industry leaders ensure AIGPS's ISR solutions balance the level of performance and technical maturity with fiscal realities.
As a member of the AIGPS staff supporting a full spectrum of activities specifically focused aviation materials and logistics, this candidate is responsible for a wide spectrum of activities. Duties may include defining and specifying the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for aviation materials and logistics. The candidate will coordinate cross functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for SME activities as required. Employ standard methods, processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Provide support to functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Candidate selected is expected to travel up to 25%.
The individual will have a strong background in the aviation materials and logistics field to include the ability to expand the operations in adjoining markets and is responsible for defining and developing business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics. Duties may include conducting analyses of business processes implementing process improvements, and performing cost/benefit analyses. Individuals in this job family may have regular interaction with clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Operations Manager providing technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results regarding aviation materials and logistics.
- Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the aviation materials and logistics marketplace.
- Can serve as a lead on large, complex aviation materials and logistics projects.
- Extensively analyzes highly complex aviation materials and logistics problems to seek understanding of the underlying issue and root cause of the problem.
- Improves upon existing aviation materials and logistics solutions, programs and processes using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Mentors and coaches other professional staff in areas of aviation materials and logistics.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires 20+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects related to aviation materials and logistics.
- Requires ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project regarding aviation materials and logistics.
- Thorough understanding of guidelines as they pertain to FAR Part 52 Government Supply Chain Management.
- Proven ability to negotiate and compromise to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches regarding aviation materials and logistics.
- Secret security clearance or ability to obtain.
- Familiarity with MRO software, preferably Rusada
- Ability to obtain/hold a Top Secret clearance
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and experience in the development of proposals and capture management
- Experience with US Army manned and unmanned aircraft systems
- Report and/or technical writing skills
- Ability to develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills