Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Requirement for a DevOps Engineer with network and virtual platform experience, to be an integral part of a new team developing automated service solutions, for the deployment maintenance and support of a new large scale virtualised platform.
This will include the use of commercial off-the-shelf software, requiring you to integrate these into a total automated service solution.
You will be responsible for:
• A particular knowledge domain.
• Reviewing service requirements.
• Presenting ideas for service improvements.
• Producing detailed specifications and design documentation.
• Working closely with associated engineering teams.
• Implementation and deployment of the automated service solution.
• Testing the services in controlled, real situations before going live.
• Preparation of training manuals for users.
• Maintaining and supporting the systems once they are up and running.
Demonstrable knowledge and application of one or more of the following, within large scale deployments:
InfoBlox network control
Axway gateway tools
Splunk analysis and monitoring
It is also required to have a solid understanding of Linux operating systems.
Experience with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
Scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Perl experience is essential.
Configurations management tooling, ideally GIT.
Agile development practices and working within a scrum team from a sprint based backlog.
ITIL service methodology