Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Core Infrastructure Operations Lead , will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
- Ensures high performance network and firewall operations, infrastructure, facilities and services are always available.
- Manage all network and firewall problem resolution activities to successful resolution for our customers.
- Manages external vendor relationships with contract administrators to review, negotiate, and revise relevant contracts
- Oversees the management of service level agreements (SLAs) with vendors and service providers
- Develops policies and procedures for all IT infrastructure operating environments
- Reports key metrics on data center and network/telecommunication infrastructure operational activity
- Serves as liaison with governmental and non-governmental entities anticipating the acquisition or maintenance of communications equipment at Commission facilities; manages such relationships and SLAs
- Manages and ensures compliance with FCC regulations and other regulatory bodies
- Manages and oversees the maintenance of all data communications assets for the data center and associated networks, firewalls and other telecommunications infrastructure
- Assists in providing strategic direction for growth with business plans for technology infrastructure operations capacity planning
- Assists in designing infrastructure technology services to meet business SLAs
- Supervises employees including selecting, hiring, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling and/or disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for leading a team of network, firewall and tools engineers who will provide operational support for a broad range of network related programs.
- Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- Manages a team of experienced, independent professionals.
- Strong organizational and management skills; ability to efficiently manage a variety of multiple concurrent projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ensure distribution of assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of operational activities.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- Responsible for financial management of your team which includes hardware, software and staffing.
- Manage all personnel needs and interact with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel evaluations.
- Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes.
- Strong knowledge of network and cable management systems, including inventory and special connotation related to the presence of systems in a distributed environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, data center backbone networks, firewall and security operations, server farms, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning processes.
- Technical skills required to manage UNIX/Linux, mainframe, MS Windows and VMWare environments.
- Strong customer-focus skills with ability to recognize customer requirements, assist customer in achieving their goals, manage customer expectations and consistently achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and activities simultaneously, ensuring the correct priorities are assigned and initiatives are completed within resource constraints.
- Experience with data communications network, firewall and infrastructure operations support.
- Experience designing, managing and implementing network and data center infrastructure to support organization's disaster recovery/COOP and business continuity plans.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for managing instrumentation and process control operations and troubleshooting.
- Some knowledge of telecommunications including SIP, PBX, ACD, CTI, voice engineering, call routing, and IVR programming.
- Awareness of FCC rules and regulations and the principles and standard practices of microwave and communications electronics.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing complex priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering, IT or related discipline. Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years' experience in data center/WAN/LAN/telecommunication administration and network operations management
- 4+ years managing technology teams
- ITIL Foundations desirable
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance