Our Defense and Intelligence Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Service Desk & VTC Specialist!
The Service Desk & VTC Specialist will be part of a dynamic team supporting customers throughout the ARCENT Area of Responsibility, with primary duty at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, including both U.S. and coalition personnel.
Our successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability of resolving Tier I hardware, software, and application problems. These duties include but are not limited to diagnosing and resolving workstation software and hardware problems, common Microsoft Office issues, printer issues, basic network (LAN) issues, scheduling & troubleshooting video tele-conferences (VTCs), following approved processes and procedures, and troubleshooting these issues in person, over the phone, or through remote system access.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide polite and friendly Tier1 customer service support as part of a service desk team across multiple networks, facilities, and locations. Provide first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Support requests provided in-person, telephonically, or electronically submitted via ticket system
- Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, and basic printer maintenance.
- Remediate problems with Windows desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs.
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs.
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, and RDP.
- Track all work in designated incident database tools & systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift; Attempt to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required.
- In & out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers.
- Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed
- Provide solutions to Frequently Asked Questions or common problems as part of a customer self-help capability.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences.
What qualifications you'll need to have:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- HS Diploma/GED + 8 years' experience, or Associate's Degree + 6 years' experience, or Bachelor's Degree + 4 years' experience, or a Master's Degree + 2 years' experience
- 8140/8570.1-M IAT II Baseline Certification, such as: Security+| ce
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users & Computers, security groups and NTFS permissions, Cisco network/LAN principles, MS Windows 10, MS Office, desktop & laptop hardware, etc. Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in South-West Asia or on an Arifjan service desk a big plus.
- Due to the assignment location and as a condition of employment, employees will undergo and successfully pass medical assessments to meet U.S. Government and Kuwaiti requirements. Leidos recommends updating all vaccinations prior to departure.
- Preferred Computing Environment certifications include: A+|ce or MCSA: Windows 10
- Duty hours on-site are 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, plus commute time and are subject to local labor law
- On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays
- Must have at least 36 months validity and 5 blank pages left on a U.S. passport.
- Requires processing CRC and passing medical screening and be designated "fit for deployment" including medical tests, BMI analysis, etc. See: https://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC/BCO_ContractorDeployers.html
- Requires employee to obtain & maintain host nation work visa, including local/regional medical testing
- Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed, and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws, customs, and courtesies.
- Unaccompanied position includes off‐post housing and vehicle support provided by contract; however, operational requirements may dictate assignment and further deployment to austere locations as needed.