Leidos is seeking a talented Project Manager to perform day-to-day management of software development projects. The candidate's duties will include, but not limited to, developing long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements are met, perform horizontal integration planning with other functional areas, and ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Projects will consist of managing several software development activities utilizing SAFe/Agile.
- Ensure that project tasks are completed within deadlines
- Ensure projects have proper funding on an ongoing basis. The project manager will need to track multiple lines of funding and expenditures
- Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential project personnel problems are preempted
- Remain conscious of relevant security polices
- Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures
- Ensure applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place
- Direct the daily operations of the projects by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
- Education: Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology Management or technical discipline with related industry experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering.
- 12+ years as a Project Manager managing technical projects in a customer's environment
- PMP Certification
- Must have experience managing software development projects through deployment, operations and sustainment utilizing SAFe/agile
- Experience managing projects using the customer's Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Must have a strong and proven background in software development
- Proven experience coordinating and synchronizing a number of IT projects, developing and maintaining a master schedule, developing and maintaining a high level budget, and preparing senior management communication briefs.
- Experience managing multiple software development projects
- Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements
- Proven experience briefing senior leadership
- Experience utilizing MS Office products (i.e Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proven experience streamlining processes and procedures
- Proven experience managing projects within schedule, scope and cost
- Scrum Master Certification