Job Description Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking and Event Management Engineer to support our Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Springfield, VA. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
In this role, you will perform installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Event Management System (EMS). The JRSS EMS is built on the IBM Tivoli Netcool Product suite. You will work to develop shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks. Additionally, you will produce standard documentation such as System Design Procedures (SDP), Engineering Design Procedures (EDP), Techniques Tactics and Procedures (TTP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Basic Qualifications:
- Requires BS degree and 9+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have experience with EMS tools; including architecture, installation, configuration, and administration
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification (Security+CE) or higher
- Must hold ACTIVE Secret Security clearance
• Event management rules development, performance threshold management, event analysis
• Experience with tools in an enterprise environment
• A solid understanding of SNMP, Syslog, RMON, and other messaging and agent facilities
• Good understanding of integrations, protocols, data flow, and databases
• Good understanding of industry standards and best practices i.e., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), ITU-T Telecommunications Management Network (TMN), and others.
• Strong background with Linux and Windows operating systems and servers
• Scripting and programming languages including Perl, Shell Scripting, VBScript, HTML, CGI, PHP, or other
• Specialized experience with the IBM Tivoli Netcool Suite - Omnibus, Probes, WebGUI, Websphere, Jazz, ITM, ITNM, Impact, TCR, TBSM and DB2
• Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
External Referral Eligible