Leidos currently has an opening for a Project Manager to work onsite at the customer's Austin Data Center (no ability to telework). We do not provide any type of relocation for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Contractor shall perform support services within the ITOPS IO Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with ITOPS IO's projects.
Some security tasks are currently accomplished utilizing various tools, technologies, and processes that are not standardized across ITOPS (i.e. AITC, HITC, PITC, QITC, CITC, Regional Data Centers, Business Partner Extensions, External Cloud environments). Not all IT security functions are currently managed under a standardized set of processes and technologies or in a centralized format. In some cases, more than one process exists for a single function, i.e. access requests. In other cases, while a
process or security system exists, its use is not commonplace at all applicable sites. The Contractor shall perform systems security tasks, including System Access Management; Enterprise Risk Management; Information Assurance Service Line; Technical Security; and Vulnerability Assessment.
The Contractor shall expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise
projects. The Contractor shall manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and
scope of the individual project. The Contractor shall ensure objectives of the projects are achieved.
1. Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards
and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
2. Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project Management.
3. Develop formal project charters as required by the ITOPS IO Program Manager.
4. Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project
5. Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project
products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
6. Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
7. Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project
8. Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
9. Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
10. Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks
required to execute the project. The Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are
deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project
plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any
reviews and approvals required.
11. Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule,
and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
12. Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project
are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be
accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
13. Apprise management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
14. Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status,
utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project Management tools.
15. Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to
ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All
variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals
16. Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
17. Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives. The
Contractor shall utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality
objectives without requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be provided to the
COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
18. Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those
artifacts mandated by VA and ITOPS IO standards.
19. Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and
performing project activities.
20. Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
21. Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
22. Develop estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the
23. Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
24. Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take
corrective actions as necessary.
25. Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 10 years of experience. And additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Background in BioMedical networks and systems across the VA.