Leidos is seeking Network Engineers, to support our US Army Corps of Engineers IT (ACE-IT) p rogram.
This is a pipelining requisition, to gather resumes for upcoming task orders.
The assignments could be short-term or long-term, full-time or part-time.
Travel (average 25% of the time) is involved.
Locations vary nationwide, remote/telecommuting work is possible.
These engineers will perform systems analysis, evaluation, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
- Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks.
- Modify command language programs, network start-up files, assign/reassign network device logically, analyze network performance, and recommend adjustments to a wide variety of complex network management functions.
- Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks.
- Provide LAN/MAN/WAN network support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning.
- Analyze client LANs/MANs/WANs, in order to isolate source of problems.
- Recommend a reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance when appropriate.
- Oversee management of network operating systems.
- Work with customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Analyze requirements and verify LAN/WAN network configurations consistent with both short and long-term objectives.
2. Install, maintain and monitor network operations.
3. Reporting of network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing network projects.
4. Secures network systems by establishing and following ACE-IT and USAGE policies; defining and monitoring access to network resources.
5. Maximize network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architect and other network engineers.
6. Establishes network environment by designing system configuration, directing systems installation, defining documenting and enforcing system standards.
7. Research and solve complex problems regarding data communication failures.
8. Assist with Training personnel in data communication operations and procedures.
9. Serve as a communications technical resource.
10. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Material & Equipment Use:
Network Routers, switches, load balancers, personal computers, printers, network test equipment and other general office equipment.
Works in general office environment including computer rooms (data centers)
May on occasions install equipment and/or cabling for other teams systems within the Data Center. Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, and prolonged sitting.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
Educations/Certifications (Note: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education)-
Bachelor's degree and 3-4 years' experience in Computer Science or related field.
This position requires DoD I 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
CISSP, CASP, CCNP Security
Must have at least one of the following: CCNA, CCNA Data Center, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Service Provider, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Service Provider.
Clearance Level: Secret (with ability to obtain SSBI)
No two career paths will ever look the same.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
-Power homes and businesses
-Guide air traffic
-Streamline tax returns
-Protect digital footprints
-Contain environmental incidents
-Heighten port security
-Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear