Leidos is searching for a Database Architect, Senior for ServiceNow (working remotely from your home office.) This position will work closely with the development team to implement ServiceNow modules and to mature existing modules.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
The Contractor shall perform requirements analysis, system analysis, development and implementation support for core functional business requirements and support all monitored applications, systems, and services, process
re-engineering and adaptation of IT solutions in support of environments internal and external to the organization.
Application support may include advanced collaboration capabilities, workflow, business
process modeling, business process modeling translation, system modeling and simulation, software
development and deployment, executive dashboards, enterprise search and discovery, project
management and scheduling tools and applications and advanced multi-media support for training and
A Senior Database Architect must have vast experience in assessing various alternative products, tools, and approaches for data management. Must be able to clearly define risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. Must be able to create overarching strategies for design.
- Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to implementation, performance tuning, ongoing maintenance, backup/recovery, security, auditing, production support, migration, on-call support and architecting technical solutions that best suits the client's requirements and needs.
- Create processes and procedures to minimize any potential downtime scenarios.
- Create standards for SQL Server database administration that support the use of optimal database server resources and performance.
- Facilitate server-side database development when needed.
- Implement automated database maintenance plans and backup routines using standard methodologies.
- Monitor database/ application growth and server resources to ensure optimum performance and availability.
- Prioritize tasks effectively to operate in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Provide accurate status updates to management.
- Routinely evaluate/ implement improved methods or processes for administering and maintaining databases and servers
- Troubleshoot minor to major problems on an as-needed basis - often requiring time sensitive response and pro-active communication to different groups within the organization Requirements
- Support daily database monitoring and administration tasks and respond to Service Requests that are assigned to the DBA team within the client's IT Service Management (ITSM) platform (ServiceNow)
- Assist in applying software patches and fixes, sometimes during business hours and occasionally after hours.
- Assist in written documentation of standard operating procedures and policies, and enhancing existing written documentation to keep it current with changed and improved processes.
- Assist with implementing security enhancements required by the client's IT Security Group, and in accordance with Agency security directives to mitigate or remediate identified security vulnerabilities
- Support database disaster recovery efforts and coordinate with application owners to ensure that database recovery supports the recovery times stipulated in IT Contingency Plans that are managed for specific systems
- Master's Degree from an accredited college in a Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 5 years of professional experience; or 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have experience with ServiceNow
- Scripting experience with web-based application or ServiceNow
Key skills required for this position.
- Strong qualitative skills with the ability to demonstrate quality data organization and analysis techniques
- Expert in LDAP and table Administration
- Demonstrated expertise as a Database Architect within Service Now
- Strong independent thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable
- Ability to handle multiple projects