The Sr Toponymist (Arabic) shall work within a team of analysts and be required to retrieve and analyze open source and classified data and apply their knowledge to evaluating and acquiring sources of data. They will leverage their regional and subject matter knowledge to provide information tailored to mission requirements. They will collaborate with entities internal and external to their agency, and be responsible for enhancing information access and resource sharing, as well as providing materials to enhance geospatial reporting. The individual will assist in the advising of customers on the implementation of new and future systems and technologies, and present at external and internal working groups.
AN ACTIVE TS/SCI Level Security Clearance is REQUIRED to be considered.
- Qualified candidates will possess an ILR Skill Level Two certification using Arabic at a DLPT IV (or equivalency) tested reading/listening of 2/2 and have 11+ years relevant experience
- AN ACTIVE TS/SCI LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree preferred with a minimum of 11+ years experience. HS Diploma considered with minimum years experience required, with additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated experience conducting open source data collection, evaluation and dissemination
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge and quickly developing new knowledge of emerging technologies regarding open source
- Experience representing an office or organization to internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated experience applying critical and spatial thinking skills to develop and execute effective research plans
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with teammates, mission partners, or senior leadership, verbally or in sign language, in writing and through demonstration of GEOINT techniques, methodologies, concepts, or processes
- Experience providing customer service
- Knowledge of geography, cartography, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Skills, Knowledge and understanding of GIS applications/geospatial analysis
- Advanced knowledge of research gathering: Internet search tools, Library functions (query, ordering, etc.)
- Special Requirement: Toponymist must maintain a two year currency at Level 2 or higher, verified by test results submitted to the Government."
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Knowledge of DoD and Intelligence Community Missions
- Demonstrated experience planning, prioritizing, and managing assignments in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience using geospatial technologies (ArcGIS, Google Earth, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience creating intelligence products supporting mission requirements
- Demonstrated experience using databases and related tools
- GEOINT database knowledge (commercial databases)
- Familiarity with ESRI suite of products
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Adobe Acrobat knowledge
"External Referral Eligible"