No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
Leidos is seeking Network Specialist to support Leidos's contract with the IRS NMCC located at the New Carrollton Federal Building (NCFB) in Lanham MD. Leidos is under contract to provide Level 3 support, maintenance and operation of the IRS networks that include large scale data, voice, video and wireless networks.
Available and reliable networks are essential for the IRS to deliver its mission; " Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsibilities and enforce the law with integrity and fairness to all." Proper operation and network capacity allows the IRS to process millions of returns and issue billions of dollars in refunds each year.
The Network Specialist must be well versed is network architectures and components and have experience in analyzing trends, manipulating data in spreadsheets, creating presentations for both service providers and for senior management. They will also have a rudimentary knowledge of networks in a large-scale enterprise such as the IRS. The Network Specialist must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
- At least 5 years total experience examining reports and data for any deficiencies, trends or other indicators that the network may be performing below the established baseline or the metrics and measures/KPI.
- At least 5 years of engineering level network support that includes knowledge of:
- Fast Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
- WAN Accelerators
- WANX Accelerators
- Data circuits of various capacity
- At least 5 years' experience with supporting a large scale government network.
- Experience using the Microsoft office suite of tools including Office 2007 or newer.
- Experience with the ITIL V3 IT Lifecycle Management Framework.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a mid-size system implementation project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance.
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical subject.
- At least one of the following appropriate certificates must be active and provided to Leidos upon candidate submission.
- ITIL v3 Certifications