Leidos is seeking two Network Specialists with unique skills and experience supporting a Voice Over IP (VOIP) infrastructure to support Leidos's contract with the IRS NMCC located at the New Carrollton Federal Building (NCFB) in Lanham MD. Leidos is under contract to provide Level 3 support, maintenance and operation of the IRS networks that include large scale data, voice, video and wireless networks.
Available and reliable networks are essential for the IRS to deliver its mission; " Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsibilities and enforce the law with integrity and fairness to all." Proper operation and network capacity allows the IRS to process millions of returns and issue billions of dollars in refunds each year.
The Network Specialist must be well versed is VOIP network architectures and components. The Network Specialist will work with Network Engineers, IT Specialists, and others to plan, implement, configure, troubleshoot, produce reports, provide analysis of data, administer the VOIP components and network systems and provide any necessary training. The Network Specialist must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
- At least 5 years total network management experience operating, maintaining and updating a VOIP network to ensure they are kept up to date to ensure proper operations are maintained. This includes adding or deleting sites and or network devices, making configuration changes, upgrading Operating Systems, at a minimum.
- At least 5 years of engineering level network support that includes specific knowledge of:
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager
- Cisco Unified Border Element
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Avaya Call Manager
- Routers (Cisco - all models)
- Ethernet switches (Cisco and Nortel)
- Multi-Protocol Labeling Switched Networks
- PLS and SIP
- Demonstrate that security policies/GSP/IRM mandates were met/implemented correctly on network devices, best practices were implemented, new technologies deployed to meet customer needs, software levels were maintained, and global configurations were managed and updated.
- At least 5 years' experience with supporting a large scale government network.
- Experience using the Microsoft office suite of tools including Office 2007 or newer.
- Experience with the ITIL V3 IT Lifecycle Management Framework.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a mid-size system implementation project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance.
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical subject and 5+ years of related experience.
- At least one of the following appropriate certificates must be active and provided to Leidos upon candidate submission.
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Data certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification or higher
- ITIL v3 Certifications