Our Defense & Intelligence Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Field Service Technician to s u pp o rt US Army Central and supported customers throughout the AR C ENT Area of Responsibility, with primary duty at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, including both U.S. and coalition personnel.
Our su ccessf ul candida t e will have a dem on strated capability of resolving Tier I and II hardware, software, and app l ication probl e ms without supervision, tr o ubleshoot and repair hardware, software, and office automation devices in support of the Service Desk as needed, but must be willing and able to support small sites/locations solo. This position will be based at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
Primary Respons i biliti e s:
- Provide in-person and remote Tier 1 and 2 IT support to customers as part of a team or working solo across multiple networks and across multiple facilities and locations
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; depending on location and staffing, may need to operate & maintain servers and storage devices
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with network devices, functionality & connectivity; TACLANE experience a plus
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, and PKIs.
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access, etc.
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, and RDP.
- Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, basic printer maintenance.
- Track all work in designated systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, and escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day and night shift
- In & out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers, etc.
- Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to back-fill personnel during R&R or other absences
Basic Qualifications at Time of Hire:
- TOP SECRET clearance with immediate eligibility for SC
- HS Diploma/GED + 8 yrs. experience, or Associate's Degree + 6 yrs. experience, or Bachelor's Degree + 4 yrs. experience, or Master's Degree + 2 yrs. experience
- 8570 IAT II (or higher) Baseline Certification, such as: Security+|ce
- Preferred Computing Environment certifications, such as: Server+, CCNA:R&S, MCSA:Server08/12/16, or MCSA:Win10
- Duty hours on-site are 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, plus commute time and are subject to local labor law
- On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays
- Must have at least 36 months validity and 5 blank pages left on a U.S. passport.
- Requires processing CRC and passing medical screening and be designated "fit for deployment" including medical tests, BMI analysis, etc. See: https://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC/BCO_ContractorDeployers.html
- Due to the assignment location and as a condition of employment, employees will undergo and successfully pass medical assessments to meet U.S. Government and Kuwaiti requirements. Leidos recommends updating all vaccinations prior to departure.
- Requires employee to obtain & maintain host nation work visa, including local/regional medical testing
- Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed, and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws, customs, and courtesies.
- Unaccompanied position includes off‐post housing and vehicle support provided by contract; however, operational requirements may dictate assignment and further deployment to austere locations as needed
- Must possess a strong customer service and mission-first focus, 'can-do' attitude, and impeccable ethics.
- Strong systems and network troubleshooting skills an absolute must. Candidate should be comfortable and conversant in all assigned topics, including briefing military leadership, leading projects, and training/mentoring junior administrators and technicians as assigned and tasked.
- Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in SWA a big plus.