Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a DR Progam Manager, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
This position is for a DR Program Manager working with a team of IT professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This team is responsible for supporting the full life-cycle (design, installation, administration, and monitoring) of a DRaaS solution spanning multiple geographically dispersed datacenters.
A successful candidate will:
- Participate in DR architecture and on-going design meetings to ensure adequate protections and customer needs are met.
- Plan, document, implement, and maintain business continuity plans. Includes smaller scale remote operations testing.
- Advise, formulate and review the activities of multiple crisis management teams to ensure that business continuity plans are implemented consistently across all projects.
- Develop awareness incentives to ensure that clients are of aware of the company business continuity services, as well as the policies and procedures associated with said services.
- Manage business recovery contracts and the control of annual expenditures related to all business continuity contracts.
- Provide technical leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel on computing, recovery and business continuity issues.
- Provide rotational weekend and/or after hour crisis management support.
The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must. The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator, and may provide work direction and guidance to other personnel.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 8-12 years of relevant experience; or 6-10 years of relevant experience with a related Master's degree.
- Experience in implementation, Development and Execution of Disaster Recovery Exercises, Test Case Scenarios and Tabletop Exercises.
- Experience defining and implementing Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations programs.
- Familiarity with business continuity program life cycle plans and source deliverables (e.g., risk assessments, business impact assessments, continuity planning, integrated change management).
- Strong knowledge of NIST 800-34\\84\\53 Frameworks.
- 4+ years of experience dedicated to disaster recovery operations and management in the IT industry.
- 2 years of experience in business continuity planning, disaster recovery, crisis/emergency management.
- Relevant certification(s) such as CBCP, CBRM, CBRITP, or MABR.
- Experience managing large projects, using PMI standard methods and tools.
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills are required.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
- Thorough understanding of computer principles with experience in large mainframe, Unix, x86 platforms WAN and LAN computer software, storage and printing sub-systems and telecommunications as well as IT disaster recovery concepts.
- Understanding of both on-premise, off-premise, cloud and hybrid recovery solutions and methodologies.