Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a DR Specialist, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
This position is for a DR Specialist working with a team of IT professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This team is responsible for supporting the full life-cycle (design, installation, administration, and monitoring) of a Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solution spanning multiple geographically dispersed datacenters.
A successful candidate will:
- Assess, implement and oversee requirements for implementing DRaaS, which includes the failover of information technology (IT) systems, including hardware, applications and telecommunications.
- Integrate DRaaS processes and procedures in conjunction with response to a crisis, in an effective and timely manner, with the goal of meeting RTO\\RPO objectives.
- Create DR IT policies, strategies and procedures and DR plan development as outlined in NIST 800-34
- Provide governance of the DR Program - performing regular DR testing, training and exercise standards as outlined in NIST 800-84
- Ensure DR maintenance by maintaining configuration management and incorporating a formal integrated change management process
- Incorporate tools designed to manage the DR failover process, testing and management of the DRaaS solution
- Collaborate with other VDCs DR Specialist on Enterprise DRaaS requirements.
- Provide rotational weekend and/or after hour crisis management support.
The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must. The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator.
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Experience in implementation, Development and Execution of Disaster Recovery Exercises, Test Case Scenarios and Tabletop Exercises.
- Experience defining and implementing Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations programs.
- Familiarity with business continuity program life cycle plans and source deliverables (e.g., risk assessments, business impact assessments, continuity planning, crisis management).
- Strong knowledge of NIST 800-34\\84\\53 Frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience dedicated to disaster recovery operations and management in the IT industry.
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills are required.
- Proficient in all key Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage complex high priority deliverables
- Relevant certification(s) such as ABCP, CBCP, CBRM, or CBRITP.
- Strong understanding of computer principles with experience in WAN/LAN, computer software, storage and printing sub-systems and telecommunications as well as IT disaster recovery concepts.
- Understanding of both on-premise, off-premise, cloud and hybrid recovery solutions and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 4-8 years of relevant experience; or 2-6 years of relevant experience with a related Master's degree.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance