The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
• Unified Communications Support Services
• E-mail Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop Entity Support Services
• Domain Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
• Domain Name Services
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Patch Management (Windows)
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
High School Diploma and 2 years prior relevant experience
Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a Poly is required
Desired Qualifications: Security+ Certification Active TS/SCI with Poly UFS