Engineers from junior to senior. Network Engineer design, plan, install and support network communications systems. The engineer is involved in a wide range of issues including network architectures, monitoring networks, and enterprise networking. The Network Engineer provides technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing,such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. The Network Engineer evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance network capabilities. The Network Engineer evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks. The Network Engineer works directly with the customer in all aspects of day-to-day activities. The selected candidate must understand the site and enterprise well enough to work through network-related issues with other segments at the facility and across the enterprise. The Network Engineer works with limited guidance and direction from Senior Network Engineers.
Working at a customer facility and with the customer daily requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers.
The supported program supports a 24x7 mission critical customer environment. Program employees may be scheduled to work or called in to work during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements. A Single Scope Background Investigation and polygraph are required.
* 2-5 years experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
* 2-5 years experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
* Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or Multicast protocols.
* Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
* Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
* Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
* Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
* Must be willing to be scheduled to work, or be called in to work, during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements
Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS CompTIA Security+ Certification. CCNA or other advanced networking certificate. Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.