The Health Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Enterprise Operations Center Team Lead to work in our Baltimore, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid mission. In this mission we perform a variety of activities related to Tier 1 Operations. The Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) is the center for operations supporting multiple task. The team performs infrastructure monitoring, application monitoring, mainframe operations and production job scheduling.
Responsible for day-to-day Tier 1 operations of a shift team in a 24x7 environment. The shift is 3PM to 11PM Monday-Friday. Responsible for the interface and coordination of Tier 2 activities within the EOC, and serves as the first point of escalation for the EOC staff. The Team Lead will be responsible for monitoring the overall health of the datacenters and applications, and communicates issues and important events to EOC management. The Lead also drives innovation and process enhancement in the EOC to continually improve our proactive approaches to monitoring, alerting, triaging and repair of the infrastructure.
The Shift Team Lead will coordinate monthly system maintenance activities, assist Crisis Management bridge calls, and will create, customize, and produce routine and ad hoc SLA reports from the various Network, System, and Application monitoring tools within the EOS. The Lead will coordinate training activities for the staff.
The candidate will optimally have experience in a lead role of a Network Control/Operations Center or other similar Operations center. The qualified candidate will possess strong leadership skills as this position will require interfacing with the customer, vendors, other CMS contractors, all Leidos Operations teams across all Data Centers supported.
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• 10+ years professional IT experience
• 5+ years leading IT operations
• Experience within a NCC/NOC/SOC center
• Experience with multi-domain environments
• Experience working in large IT Infrastructure projects/Data Center
• A strong understanding of Infrastructure and Application monitoring/alerting/reporting tools including customizing alerts and report creation from SevOne, ExtraHop, Splunk, CA-Wily.
• Experience with Crisis Management
• Understanding of Mainframe, UNIX, Wintel, Networking, Production Control, Virtual Environments
• Experience with MS Office Suite including Excel, Visio
• Experience leading employees on different shifts and developing schedules
• SLA management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Hands on experience with any of the following tools: ServiceNow, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, CA-Wily
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.