Leidos has an immediate opening for a USAF Protocol Director at Lackland AFB, TX. Candidates must currently possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The selected individual will direct and coordinate protocol efforts across the 25 AF Enterprise. Applies analytical and evaluative skills to determine the actions necessary to support the flag officer/civilian equivalent itineraries/events/conferences/ ceremonies programs. Interfaces with the Department of Defense, Headquarters Air Force, Major Commands (MAJCOMs), DIA, NSA and other government interagency staffs to accomplish briefings, agenda development/verification, trip objectives, security authorizations, billeting/transportation, parking and all related protocol arrangements. Directs protocol contact with international distinguished visitors (e.g. foreign military services, senior military and government dignitaries, etc.) providing inclusive protocol services encompassing, planning, coordinating with the foreign dignitaries office and any other necessary steps to ensure all proper protocol arrangements are successfully accomplished for international relations. Other duties include:
- Directs airlift, billeting, agenda, funding, memento, entertainment and multimedia funding and disbursement.
- Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies all protocol guidance and policies.
- Accomplishes work assigned by the Chief of Protocol based on organization priorities, considerations of difficulty and to effectively meet organization and customer needs.
- Assist the Chief of Protocol in formulation and execution of policy in the form of operational instructions with impact upon the Numbered Air Force (NAF) in matters pertaining to the protocol functions.
- Educates and assists project officers planning and coordinating NAF events.
- Advises management officials in arranging for special drills and ceremonies, building dedications, luncheons, promotions, farewell parties, seminars and assists in making necessary arrangements.
- Protects classified information.
- Demonstrates sound security practices for ensuring the safeguarding of classified information.
15 years general Air Force experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly in a military protocol office
Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools
Top Secret SCI with ability to obtain a Poly