Logistics Specialist with responsibility for supporting the planning, coordinating, and reviewing of actions as they pertain to Sustainment Logistics to include Property Accountability, Equipment Management functions, the Command Supply Discipline Program and other logistical support. This position will be located at the client site in Picatinny, NJ.
- Provides assistance to customers (generally managers, engineers and project officers) in a broad range of logistics management areas including: supply; maintenance; vehicle management, and resolve related logistical problems of a routine nature. Identifies problems and recommends management improvements based on prior knowledge and experience.
- Trains Engineers and Scientists on Hand Receipt Holder responsibilities and complying with Army's logistics regulations compliance. Identifies problem areas and implements processes and recommends actions to ensure compliance.
- Researches avenues of excess equipment as a source of supply. Provides assistance to customers in obtaining material and equipment through the Department of the Army acquisition processes, and provides expert advice and assistance in the justification for acquisition, retention, redistribution or disposal of equipment assets
- Requirements include a Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience in above areas.
- General knowledge of Army supply & services regulations, policies, principles, and procedures, is required in order to support development of supplemental policies and procedures within the organization. In addition, resourcefulness and judgment are desired to solve routine logistics problems when guidelines are inadequate. Conducts staff coordination between the HQ, subordinate directorates and installation support offices to insure that program initiatives and actions are successfully completed. Must have knowledge of the automated logistics systems, Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW) and FEDLOG.
- Incumbent shall utilize their functional knowledge and experience to recommend effective and economical sustainment logistics support. Knowledge in processing accountability documents for the Army involving loss, damage and destruction of equipment and will provide technical support involving logistics and/or property issues. Performs tasks related to financial liability reports and logs, processes, tracks and completes actions related to Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (FLIPL) and provide guidance to Financial Liability Officers. In addition, work requires knowledge of, and ability to study and analyze supply, property accountability, inventory, and disposal and storage program activities and resolve supply program problems.
- Assist in the performance of walk through evaluations of subordinate elements, verifying usage, property accountability, excess and TMDE management and compliance.
- US citizenship.