Leidos is seeking a Senior Project Manager (Lead) in Huntsville, AL.
This position supports the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Responsible for coordinating with Government Project Managers on projects requiring coordination with the Government and/or other contractors. Manage and coordinate activities for all internal resources required to achieve the goals of each project. Provide all project information and Contractor personnel activities schedules needed by the Government Project Manager, within the timeline and in the format required by the Government Project Manager, when the Government Project Manager is acting as the integrator for a project involving the Government and/or other contractors. Develop, maintain and continuously update Government accessible project schedules for all Contractor project activities on the Government provided Microsoft Project Server. Perform project management activities including, but not limited to, planning, scheduling, organizing, coordinating and directing internal resources to achieve requirements and service levels. Use standard Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) terminology, guidelines, and principles in support of contractual obligations. Operate, maintain, and continuously update a repository accessible to the Government of all enterprise level project, local level projects, and major deployment activities. ACE-IT currently uses Microsoft Project Server. Use organizational project management processes and templates posted in the PAL in support of contract obligations. Report near-real/real time project status utilizing current organizational tools (currently using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Project Server) and scheduled events (including but not limited to Project Review Team, Project Review Board, and Integrated Process Reviews and coordinate activities for all internal resources required to achieve the goals of each project. Develop, maintain, and continuously update Government accessible project schedules for all Contractor project activities on the Government provided Project Server. Directly responsible for the management of personnel within their area of responsibility, ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are communicated and followed.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8-12 years of professional experience, or a Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
* Fluent in the use of Microsoft Project for developing and maintaining individual project schedules in an Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
* PMP certification
* Excellent customer interaction skills.
* Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
* Experience managing costs for a large project ($1M plus).
* Experience managing personnel (5 or more).
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
* Experience working in a DoD environment.
* Direct knowledge and understanding of IT Infrastructure