No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
We have two part-time positions that will support training efforts for the CDP program. The Logistics Training Support Specialist will perform routine equipment maintenance support tasks which include, but are not limited to, training equipment maintenance and repair; movement of materials and supplies; simple interior and exterior clean-up of work areas; waste paper recycling, and/or stocking of consumable training materials to include warehousing, packing, and shipping. This position is in support of the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), CDP is a national training facility located in Anniston, Alabama that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
• On a daily basis perform routine equipment maintenance support tasks which may include, but are not limited to, training equipment maintenance and repair.
• Provide movement of materials and supplies.
• Simple interior and exterior clean-up of work areas; waste paper recycling, and/or stocking of consumable training materials to include warehousing, packing, and shipping.
• Maintain all equipment in good operating condition necessary to perform assigned tasks, performs routine preventive maintenance tasks on training equipment, standard hand/portable power tools, and may install minor modifications.
• Enter, retrieve, and adjust data from various sources to include verbal, written and electronic communication.
• Communicate requirements and information to internal customers and outside agencies.
• Comply with safety procedures, operate Non-CDL vehicles in support of training delivery, and perform daily vehicle inspections on all vehicles used for training delivery.
• Travel in support of position requirements, to include attending seminars for professional development to enhance maintenance knowledge of training equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and less than 1 year of prior relevant experience.
• Possess current driver license to enable transportation of equipment truck and/or trailer.
• Ability to lift, turn, and carry heavy equipment (up to 60 pounds) to support training.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
• Ability to travel to local and distant destinations to support training and to represent the company as needed.
• Successfully complete Leidos pre-placement screenings including, but not limited to, criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and drug testing,
• Successfully complete FEMA background/security check.
• Complete disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
• Working knowledge and experience in computer software applications to include Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
• Must possess and exhibit good written, verbal communication, and problem solving skills as well as a strong attention to detail