Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As Senior Material Controller you will work closely with the program management and will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing movement of materials from receipt of materials in warehouse to deploying inventory into production. You will be responsible for planning and managing material movement with purchasing, asset management and the field technicians deploying assets into the customer environment.
managing and executing all activities of the warehouse in support of the overall operation; helps to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service throughout the warehouse operation.
Under the direction of the Program and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Manage the inventory of all materials stored in the warehouse.
- Provides work planning and implementation of the warehouse layout both at Leidos warehouse facility as well as at CMS warehouse facility, material receipt, discrepancy/damage material routing, inventory of stored materials, shipment preparation.
- Perform all functions related to inbound and outbound shipments of materials received and shipped by the company, which includes adding the materials to pallets, preparing the pallets for shipment, verifying correct material amounts prior to shipping, the creation and tracking of packing slips, unloading trucks, inspecting material for damage, reviewing paperwork, and in-checking materials.
- Responsible for physical management of the contractor own contractor operated (COCO) as well as government own contractor operated (GOCO) materials and equipment in the designated warehouse space areas per the contract requirements.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory in the warehouse.
- Work closely with the procurement and asset management teams to plan for receiving and shipping products on time in accordance with project schedules.
- Ensure the warehouse areas are clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Administer property management within the warehouse and work closely with the program Asset Manager to ensure continual accountability of government, and company property in accordance with applicable FAR and government regulations or corporate policy.
- Maintain property accountability records, determines condition, and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Work closely with the program Asset Manager to ensure full implementation of accountability process and centralized database.
- Provide declassification/sanitization/destruction/recycling services and expertise for computers and electronic media.
- Provide support for all shipments, excess, and storage, and acknowledge all deliveries of accountable-property, and update information in the centralized database to maintain database integrity.
- Perform contracting activities, to include initiating and maintain government property disposition process and documentation requirements.
- Provide superior customer service support.
- Perform on-the-spot troubleshooting and decision making.
- Responsible for training, delegation and reviewing the work of the warehouse employees.
- Manage the life cycle of all government furnished property and company property from acquisition until final disposition.
- Conducts property audits, provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability, prepares and processes property lost damaged and destroyed records develops, recommends and implements property administration policy and prepares periodic and special purpose reports relative to property management.
- High school degree with at least 5 years of prior relevant experience managing warehouse inventory.
- Must be proficient and effectively manage the storage of materials and the management of stock control, accounting warehousing, location surveys and inventories.
- Strong inventory control skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Experience in record keeping in the ServiceNow ITSM tool.
- Experience with CMS and HHS government property disposition process.
- Working knowledge of FAR property management requirements.
- Knowledge of CMS and Leidos property management process a plus.
- Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 75 lbs; must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of bending over for extended periods.
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Provide a valid driver's license.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.