Leidos has a career opening for a Technical Writer/Coordinator to join its Proposal Operations team in Columbia, MD.
The job of the Technical Writer/Coordinator is to assume responsibility to all resources essential to the successful execution of the Leidos Capture Process (Win Plan) and compliant delivery of proposals, ECPs, ENs, etc. This candidate would join an internally-focused team that is focused on generating high-quality, winning proposal content. The selected candidate will supports new business capture goals through the delivery of complete, compliant and on-time competitive proposal submissions
Some travel required.
• Successful candidates must possess the ability to write in clear and concise language that is compliant and responsive to RFP requirements.
• Ensures that customer deliverables are correctly formatted and provided in the Leidos Branding standard
• Has expert knowledge of proposal writing and coordination, and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
• Provides subject matter expertise to proposal teams and provides training and mentoring to junior employees.
• Technical Writing assignments may include marketing publications and proposal documentation.
• A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, and capture key concepts and ideas, maintain consistency in tone and voice, and use proper English, syntax and grammar.
• This individual will be responsible for supporting all resources essential to the successful execution of the Leidos Capture Process (Win Plan) and compliant delivery of proposals, ECPs, ENs, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Strong Technical Writing and Editing Skills.
• Proposal writing experience.
• Ability to communicate with positive impact and build effective relationships.
• Candidate demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems in real-time to meet schedule and milestone deliveries.
• Candidate must be able to work simultaneous high profile assignments and schedule time effectively in a fast pace and high stress environment.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
• Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts as needed.
• Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph.
• Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Process