The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Desktop Support with LRA training at The Pentagon.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Desktop support is responsible for providing AF Senior Officers client sight service, repair and/or installation support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility. Duties may include providing roving site support services as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to area-wide procedural/policy changes.
Desktop Support is divided into three teams to support the Pentagon, JBA, and JBAB. The Desktop Support team will support all desktops and multi-functional devices at the Pentagon, JBA, JBAB, Alternate Sites, and Event/Conferences. Additionally Desktop Support handles routine requirements, like new customer installs, small office moves, and technical refresh. Desktop Support handles approximately 18,000 NIPR desktops, laptops, and tablets/iPads and iPhones; approximately 3,500-4,000 SIPR desktops; and all printers connected to the AFNCR network. Desktop Support personnel are responsible for creating and maintaining a central repository for technical advice and solutions of network systems, software applications assistance, automatic data processing support, hardware exchange, and repair service support. Assisting with reporting network performance metrics using Remedy Action Reporting System. Utilize Remedy to enter, document, track, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user ticket issues. Work with HQ software license manager to prevent unlicensed software on the network.
Responsibilities will include:
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for customers and recommend/implement corrective solutions
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required SLA's
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment
• Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation software products
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails, instant messages, and voicemails
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal
• Accurately document and update all assigned incident tickets
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
• Analyze, identify and resolve Common Access Cards and CAC Readers/PKI certificate troubleshooting
• Analyze, identify, resolve VPN, outlook, and network access issues
• Utilize Active Directory to manage user's accounts
LRA skills needed:
Remedy Queue experience - assigns own tickets, creates tickets as needed, re-assigns to other groups
Coverage hours for LRAs 0600 - 1800 weekdays
Great customer service and communication skills
Detail oriented - tracking tokens, certificates, forms
Able to perform as Executive Support for some token issuances and pin resets
SIPR Active directory experience for updating for token login, contractor expire date, enable/disable SIPR accounts, certificate updates
Monitor own mailbox and LRA workflow mailbox for information and requests
Create SIPR Token CRI forms, enroll tokens, reset pins
NIPR create organizational mailbox encryption certificates, issue to sponsors, troubleshoot outlook PKI problems
Monthly reporting of failed tokens via spreadsheet to AF PKI Office
DISA Depot entitlement manager - to provision and deprovision email accounts
NIPR Active directory skills
Able to train Desktop Support Technicians and others (CSTs) to be Trusted Agents
High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience
Trained at Air Force LRA training course
Security+ CE Certification is required
Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance in the future
Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
Ability to quickly learn new systems and IT concepts.
Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.