As a Program Financial Analyst Lead your daily tasks will include project and financial oversight of a large IDIQ contract with multiple individual task order awards. These tasks include customer and internal required financial deliverable reports, EAC development and reporting, support of quarterly forecasting exercises, monthly closing support and validation of period close results. The ideal candidate will work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverable and is responsible for entire projects or processes within their assignment. Ability to proactively manage contract financials and communicate across various functional groups to support program managers and objectives is critical.
Other important responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, tracking analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
- Implementation of financial policies and procedures in support of projects
- Establishment and maintenance of cost/schedule baselines
- Development of WBS and related dictionaries, schedules or Resource Loaded Networks (RLN's) and budgets
- Quarterly forecasting, AOP, Risks and Opportunities. Monthly Revenue, Fee, OI, and Cash variance analysis.
- Program life-cycle activities such as setup/ maintenance; working capital activities such as invoicing support for unbilled cost, accruals, on-hold cost, cost backup, journal entry requests and program financial revenue projection and variance support.
- Invoicing and AR reconciliation coupled with closeout of inactive programs.
- Significant interface with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
- May participate in new business proposals through schedule and RLN support, providing input and cost volumes to management.
Basic Qualifications you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience. Or, a Master's degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of standard contract types which may include: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time & Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF).
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Previous federal contracting experience.
- Familiarity with Leidos tools
- Experienced with Costpoint, EPM (Hyperion) and Cognos
- Experience with MS Project/Schedule Development