Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist, Senior to work onsite at the customer's Austin Data Center. (NO Teleworking). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Contractor shall perform support services within the ITOPS IO Security Management Division. This
division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with ITOPS IO's
Some security tasks are currently accomplished utilizing various tools, technologies, and processes that
are not standardized across ITOPS (i.e. AITC, HITC, PITC, QITC, CITC, Regional Data Centers,
Business Partner Extensions, External Cloud environments). Not all IT security functions are currently
managed under a standardized set of processes and technologies or in a centralized format. In some
cases, more than one process exists for a single function, i.e. access requests. In other cases, while a
process or security system exists, its use is not commonplace at all applicable sites.
Technical Security Data Center Vulnerability Assessment
The ITOPS IO Technical Security Service Line Managers dedicated to the vulnerability assessment group
handle the data center credentialed vulnerability scans. This infrastructure will operate virtually in a
VMware infrastructure for all ITOPS IO data center sites managed by ITOPS IO Technical Security
personnel. In support of Technical Security Data Center Vulnerability Assessment efforts, the Contractor shall:
1. Conduct IG and NSOC identified scanning vulnerabilities in accordance with VA Directive 6500
Handbook or any other updated VA Directive Handbook.
2. Participate in group discussions or meetings.
3. Maintain vulnerability trend data for VA leadership and VA Regional reporting.
4. Administer the VMware, NetApp storage, tenable appliances, scanning jobs, modification of scan
schedules and Security Center management.
5. Manage data center vulnerability assessment projects and status provided to COR or assigned VA
PM; the assessment projects align to VA Plans of Action Milestones related to resolving the
organization's material weakness.
6. Provide monthly reports on all data center vulnerability assessment activities and deliver to COR
or assigned VA PM(s) as required
7. Monitor and manage the DR system and/or environment.
8. Perform VMware administration activities
9. Manage and coordinate implementation and installation activities, including implementing of
agency vulnerability management processes between scanning and presentation for remediation.
10. Design and develop the web portal API to manage the various aspects of tenable vulnerability
activities across the data centers.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
- 10 years of experience is required.
- Ability to obtain public trust clearance
Background in BioMedical networks and systems across the VA.