Leidos is presently seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer in support of AFNCR ITS in the National Capital Region. The AFNCR Cyber team will augment the 844th Communications Group (and subordinate squadron) cyberspace professionals in implementing DoD, Air Force, and Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) cybersecurity policies, programs and initiatives. The candidate will facilitate Assessment and Authorization efforts for AFDW enclaves, support the AFDW mission defense team (MDT), and support development and management of cybersecurity policy, programs and compliance.
- Monitor, audit, detect, report, analyze and mitigate threats to mission relevant and key terrain in cyberspace. These activities will align with DoD, AF and AFDW principals, policies and directives.
- Participate in operational planning teams
- Perform vulnerability mitigation activities
- Support the Cyberspace focused boards, bureaus, centers, cells, and working groups
- Facilitate the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) process
- Prepare and provide weekly cybersecurity vulnerability scans and trend analysis
- Support and work action items for the cyberspace resiliency working group
- Track, compile, assess, and report all vulnerabilities, unauthorized activities, and incidents that occur on any network or system to and within all routine briefings.
- Coordinate with the Cybersecurity office on the results of vulnerability scans and assessments to mitigate the risks and track the issues throughout the lifecycle of security vulnerability.
- Must meet DoD 8570.1-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, IA certification standards.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Requires an active DOD Security clearance
- 5+ years of experience in IA/Cybersecurity.
- Preference to candidates with security certificates such as CISSP, CISM, GSLC, or CASP.
- Experience in performing risk assessment, IT audits, security planning, systems accreditation and policy development.
- Experience complying with USG, DoD, and DA regulations and preparing for responding to information security audits and questionnaires.
- Understanding of related information technology (e.g. firewalls, VPN, virtualization, DLP, etc) and physical security assets.