Join Leidos today and help us meet our mission: To make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, science, and engineering.
Our Airborne Integration and Ground Processing Systems operation has a career opportunity located at Biggs Army Airfield on Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX, for a Mission Sensor Field Service Representative (FSR). In this position, you will support the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program which will initially field 4 aerial platforms to Biggs Army Airfield.
The cutting-edge ARL-E Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform is an array of reconfigurable sensor packages and supporting Information Technology (IT) systems. The ARL-E sensors include, Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar, Long Range Radar, COMINT, and Hyper Spectral.
The focus of the role is to conduct Mission Equipment Payload (MEP) service, troubleshooting, repair, reconfiguration, and/or installation in support of US Army CONUS-based operations to ensure the highest levels of system availability and mission completion. An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required to qualify for the position. The role will require about 10% travel to support the program at various customer CONUS sites.
As a member of the FSR team, you will support maintenance of the ARL-E fleet MEP for a fast moving CONUS-based mission flight program. Your duties will be to:
- Service, troubleshoot, repair, reconfigure, and install airborne sensors and IT systems including the COMINT, SIGINT, Radar, HSI and MX-20 systems
- Support existing hardware/software, network configurations, system upgrades and modifications; and new system initiates
- Conduct pre-/post- flight system check out
- Report timely and accurate operational system deficiency and status into Army Aircraft forms and the Leidos work order system
- Support a new complex structure of systems and resolve challenging system issues
- Communicate with internal and external organizations including customer organizations, sensor OEMs, and engineering staff
- Train other FSRs
- BS degree with 2-4 years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active TS SCI security clearance
- Either possess a DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II or be able to gain certification within 6 months upon hire
- Strong background to include experience with multiple airborne sensors and systems such as Beyond Line of Site (BLOS) SATCOM Networks, Hyperspectral systems, Synthetic Aperture Radar systems, multiple COMINT systems, and FMV systems
- Knowledge of MEP systems on the ISR asset and ground systems architecture
- Knowledge of and ability to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to network and avionics mission systems
- High level of computer knowledge (i.e. Windows IP config, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Troubleshooting skills with experience using IT and aircraft test equipment
- Qualified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic's Certificate a plus
- Prior 35T experience
- Current DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II
- Prior experience with ARL-E specific sensors and systems
- Relevant IT certifications (Microsoft, VMWare, etc...)
Referral Program Eligible