Energy Advisor - (Continuous Energy Improvement) Honolulu HI
Leidos has an exciting opportunity to coordinate and oversee the Continuous Energy Improvement (CEI) program with targeted large businesses and institutions, including county governments. This work will accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency projects that affect operations, employee behavior and equipment upgrades. This role will develop long term relationships with Hawai'i's business community, conveying the results of actions taken to reduce energy consumption to stakeholders.
- Recruit CEI participating organizations
- Plan, coordinate, & execute regular check-in meetings and updates with CEI participating organizations
- Responsible for internal tracking and reporting of CEI participants' status and progress to date
- Work with key partners and stakeholders to implement CEI with large businesses and institutions
- Manage action items for CEI participating organizations in cohorts
- Conduct or coordinate training and educational seminars concerning moderately complex energy-related issues
- Work with customers' engineering staff or consultants to track, measure and report energy savings.
- Work with technical staff to analyze energy data to determine prioritization of energy efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Become a subject matter expert on energy industry trends, energy efficient technologies, operational practices in electric demand side management, and delivering CEI programs
- Promote implementation of Hawaii Energy's programs, incentives and advisory services to businesses to generate and accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency projects
- Work closely with key customers to design new offerings to overcome barriers to implementing energy efficiency projects
- Occasional travel to neighbor islands and working on weekends at public events may be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Sciences or related field and 2 - 4 years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 1 year of prior relevant experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and customer focused to identify and respond to business needs. This includes effectively presenting complex and/or technical information to a wide audience.
• Ability to navigate complex customer decision making processes and provide information and solutions that result in project implementation.
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Passionate about and committed to the Hawai'i Energy mission and goals.
• Valid driver's license and vehicle to meet with customers and conduct site visits as required.
• Previous experience in energy, lighting, HVAC, industrial, manufacturing, or maintenance fields.
• Innovative problem solving skills to develop and propose energy efficient solutions and projects specific to various customer needs.
• CEM, LEED AP, or other energy and sustainability certifications.
• Working knowledge and/or experience with Strategic Energy Management (SEM) programs.
About Hawai'i Energy
Hawai'i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai'i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai'i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai'i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai'i Business Magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work 2018 ", we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come