Procurement, Planning and Control position will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for a program within the Civil Division . Sources, purchases, plans, and schedules the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material through production and inventory process. Identifies raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules. Purchases, plans, and coordinates resulting material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences. In front-end procurement mode, analyzes data and determines factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s). Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership. Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
- Position will require responsibility for use of a higher threshold Corporate P-cards for purpose of procuring program requirements due to enhanced training. Planner will have the responsibility for adequately documenting and maintaining their rational for the vendors they select.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain tools and processes or a Masters with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements for price and source justification requirements at appropriate levels for P-Card orders.
- Ability to multitask
- Good organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Costpoint experience
- MMAS Audit knowledge and experience
- MRP knowledge or experience
- Process improvement experience