The Civil Health Operation currently has an opening for a Software Engineering Manager to lead portfolio of projects consisting of up to 100 professionals to support large complex IT systems for our customer, the Social Security Administration (SSA) under the ITSSC II vehicle.
The Software Engineering Manager must have specific a background successfully collaborating with multiple Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate will be responsible for meeting or exceeding organization and customer expectations. The candidate must be willing to change the program culture by driving toward a sharing environment that is collaborative and innovative in an effort to provide our customers with the best possible solutions that meet their strategic goals. The candidate will be expected to collaborate closely with functionals (HR, contracts, subcontracts, BusOps, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and Technical Reporting Manager and be accountable for meeting all work order/work activity goals and objectives. The candidate will be expected to provide oversight for all day-to-day operations of the work order / work activities and is responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in one or more programming language is required In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with the Program Portfolio Manager, Technical Reporting Manager, Technical Leads, and operate under the guidance of Director of Operations of SSA programs to ensure the work order / work activities achieve desired outcomes. Finally the candidate must drive smart change and provide leadership to invigorate innovation within their team.
• Deliver innovative, high quality with optimal cost solutions through software lifecycle credentials and approaches
• Maintain superior customer relations and grow work order and work activities
• Collaborate with the Technical Reporting Manager to manage workforce, technical reports, and administration
• Manage subcontractor relationship and oversight along with other Technical Reporting Manager and professionals from functional organization for superior performance
• Accountability to the Customer for overall work order and work activities performance
• Program Cost Control and Financial Management
• Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports
Applicants will qualify for the Software Engineering Manager position with a Bachelor's Degree plus 8 or more years of relevant technical experience with at least 6 years serving successfully in positions of major responsibilities such as a Project Manager.
4 years of additional experience considered in lieu of degree
Applicant must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficient with MS Office Productivity Tools. Other key areas of skill, expertise and experience include:
• Federal Contracts
• Building a Team, Recruiting Staff, Developing Staff
• Public Health or Health IT
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willingness to complete within one year
• Agile Development Methodology Expertise (preferred)
• Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Risk Management
• Process Improvement
Position requires US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.