Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
The NATS organisation has embarked on a major programme of delivering a Service Management capability underpinned by industry standard tools and processes. The programme will be delivered by a number of workstreams that have aggressive timelines to meet their target milestones.
We are looking for a delivery focussed Network Engineer who will oversee the transition of network support services from the current technology provider into BAU. This will include supporting any service management design activities, technology review/witnessing/testing and process support, coupled with acting as the Leidos focal point for MPLS network related items during this transition before taking on the primary support role of the MPLS environment.
Work with current network technology provider to transition the environment as built into BAU for Leidos to support.
Support the Project Manager and the Engineering Manager to understand any risks, dependencies and issues and the impact that transition could have, whilst mitigating those within their scope.
Engage with stakeholders at all levels to support a successful transition.
Ensure the technology delivered meets the needs of Leidos to support/monitor and control the environment and deploy services to
Work closely with security architect on service governance and assurance.
Work closely with on-boarding teams to ensure service groups comply with the Architecture.
Work with NATS and the current technology provider to impact assess new requirements, design and implement with the Leidos support team.
On-board services onto the environment once under support.
Support BAU activities.
• Substantial experience in operating mission critical highly available, resilient and scalable network and firewall infrastructure
• Understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to safety and security of critical national infrastructure
• A self-starter with ability to plan and manage own time effectively
• Ability to perform under pressure using own initiative as well as part of a team, taking responsibility and achieving results
• Effective verbal and written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
Specific Technical Experience
Cisco CCNP Service or Similar Experience
• Proven experience with the support and design of MPLS networks
• MPLS, LDP, mLDP, OSPF, BGP, Multicast, Pseudowires, OTV and QoS
• Experience with externally managed MPLS providers (i.e. BT)
• Experience with as Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR,
• Experience with Orchestration and Automation solutions
• Experience with MonitorinProvider g and SIEM solutions
• Strong awareness of ITIL V3
• Experience of delivering solutions in high security environments