The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cisco Virtualized Journeyman at Joint Base Andrews.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- Analyzes organization's needs, conducts technical research, and implements appropriate solutions to meet Government needs and comply with established standards
- Provides Enterprise network administration, configuration, and infrastructure management for servers, CISCO switches, CISCO routers, to include; wireless infrastructure, and Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
- Ensures high availability of critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Recommends to the leadership new infrastructure technologies.
- Administers and configures Cisco based network infrastructure.
- Designs, plans, manages, maintains, and supports network-related infrastructure.
- Supports efforts with network design and technical direction.
- Ensures environment is properly maintained and designed to support the AFNCR mission.
- Supports development and integration of applications and infrastructure services
- Assists with network coordination, identify flaws and resolve system integration issues.
- Identify improvements and introduce automation to improve processes and procedures.
- Establishes, configures, administers, and manages authentication and load balancing servers.
- Monitors security of devices and implement new configurations and upgrades for Enterprise devices.
- Monitors and reports Enterprise WAN bandwidth utilization and circuit latency.
- Plans and executes Enterprise software and hardware upgrades and revisions.
- Conducts system analyses to resolve configuration and equipment problems.
- Interfaces with third party vendors to assist with problem resolution.
- Serves as focal point for problem resolution for AFNCR Enterprise network issues.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Basic understanding of IT Network equipment / Routers and or Switches.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret in the future.
- Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force Communications Focal Point (CFP)
- Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)
- Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR