The Senior HR Project Analyst provides extensive support to internal customers within the Enterprise Business Operations (EBO) HR Services organization as well as other internal stakeholders within the HR function where processes overlap or have a mutual dependency. This position supports special projects within the HR Services function and serves as a technical subject matter expert in the Workday HCM platform as well as critical EBO infrastructure components (i.e., ServiceNow case management system, Avaya phone system, etc.). Additionally, the Senior HR Project Analyst will represent and advocate for the interests of the HR Services organization in projects or initiatives where competing priorities and interests exist between the various HR Centers of Expertise (COEs). The Senior HR Project Analyst will serve as an internal consultant in terms of identifying opportunities for process and quality improvements that support HR Services operations and will partner closely with managers to execute against their strategic and tactical objectives.
• Develop/maintain cross-functional relationships and manage/coordinate special projects involving or impacting the HR Services team.
• Serve as subject matter expert for HR Services-related technical and process support, particularly in areas involving Workday HCM configuration and workflow. This includes providing expertise for the Workday business processes of onboarding, offboarding, job changes, benefits, and leave administration.
• Utilize and maintain Workday Projects in coordination with the corporate HR Business Integration & Optimization function.
• Serve as the primary HR Services POC on special projects and cross-functional initiatives that may extend beyond the EBO HR Services organization.
• Gain an in-depth understanding of HR Services-supported processes by job shadowing and conducting/facilitating regular meetings with managers and/or leads in order to effectively represent HR Services as well as identify opportunities for process improvements
• Provide input for designing and maintaining system configuration, specifications, and work with HR Services managers to review, research, and recommend updates and fixes for HR systems and processes, especially Workday HCM.
• Ensure compliance with established process and procedures in an effort to improve service delivery; and provide interpretation in areas where procedures or requirements are unclear and/or require revision.
• Support the ongoing maintenance of all HR Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) owned by HR Services and serve as communication liaison for updates to all other HR SOPs that impact or are supported by the HR Services function.
• Provide direct project management support to a wide range of HR Services projects, including tracking of progress and deliverables in the ServiceNow case management system.
• Administer the Leidos corporate intranet ("Prism") HR Services sites for document publishing, content updates, site structure, and shared communities of practice.
• Administer Sharepoint (Vector) sites for the HR function to grant user permissions and create/manage new sites.
• Serve as primary POC for HR Services in all projects that are shared with the corporate HR Business Integration and Optimization (HRBIO) organization.
• Assist internal HR Services teams in handling and following up on HR data related inquiries as needed.
• As needed, partner with HR Services Analysts to gather and report metrics at the organization and individual staff levels. Identify trends and work closely with managers to address areas where standard processes and performance deviate outside the boundaries of normal operations.
• Refer issues to the VP HR Services in accordance with escalation procedures, to ensure effective hand-off of escalated cases within the HR Services organization and the extended Leidos HR function.
• Recognize customer service delivery issues; recommend and implement solutions to meet service level agreements.
• Demonstrate exceptional organizational and analytical skills, close attention to detail, and strong problem solving skills to determine root causes of technical problems impacting HR Services operations, with the ability to document effectively, escalate appropriately, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Must be able to clearly articulate technical procedures in written documents and provide clear verbal explanation of procedures and end-user documentation.
• Must be flexible to business needs, sometimes working overtime and occasional weekends to complete special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven ability to successfully coordinate complex projects with multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities.
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex issues.
• Ability to use deductive reasoning to assess multi-faceted questions and problems.
• Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR or technical capacity.
• Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external.
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers and stakeholders, as well as influence decision-makers.
• Ability to manage conflicting interests arising in projects through effective listening, understanding, and negotiating.
• Experience resolving complex issues utilizing external resources and escalating internally when appropriate.
• Ability to maintain a consistent schedule on-site.
• Ability to provide limited after-hours support as needed or required
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in an IT, project management, and/or HR related field coupled with 4+ years' experience in a business environment; OR Associate's degree coupled with 6+ years' experience in an IT and/or HR environment.
• A minimum of 4 year experience with functional software applications (HRIS, ATS, CRM, Finance applications, etc); OR 5+ years' experience in a business systems analysis role.
• Strong customer service experience to include working with both internal and external stakeholder-customers.
• Experience with data analysis tools including but not limited to MS Excel and/ or MS Access.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• PMP certification
• SHRM-CP or PHR certification
• Experience with Workday system administration and/or report writing
• Experience with data analytics and validation
• Experience using Tableau or similar dashboard creation applications
• Understanding of database principles and functionality
• Experience documenting complex processes and creating process maps using MS Visio
• Experience directly managing cross-functional projects
• Experience collecting and analyzing HR metrics