The Defense group at Leidos is actively seeking a Site Reliability Manager to join their team in Ft. Meade, MD. The position will be a telecommuter but will require regular travel to the customer site at Fort Meade.
The Site Reliability Manager is needed to provide technical leadership in system administration and operational support for the DISA Storefront system. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills, and the ability to integrate into an existing technical team. The leader will have responsibility for both uptime, system connections and IA compliance of the classified and unclassified versions of the DISA Storefront and it's pre-production environments. The Site Reliability Manager will also be responsible for the successful build and deployment of code updates to each upstream environment following the program's CM and versioning procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, technical and project management leadership tasks including:
- Management responsibility for a team of System Administrators, DevOps Engineers, and Information Assurance Engineers who:
- Provide system administration for RedHat Linux and Windows Servers
- Provide Database Administration (Oracle, Datastax Cassandra)
- Provide application administration of Kinetic Data
- Automate system tasks using Bash or Python for scripting
- Maintain system availability and performance
- Provide user account management and user access controls.
- Lead Authorized Service Interruption events
- Lead Tier III system troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Responsible for providing software configuration management (SCM) support at the program level throughout a software product's life cycle (initial software development through promotion to Test, QA and Production Environments)
- SCM planning, version control, status accounting, identifying approved configurations, conducting software builds from controlled source code files, managing software build scripts, build management servers, and release documentation.
- Responsible for managing parallel software development and release cycles as well as providing SCM for a large distributed development network with remote partnersEnsure congruence of the various hardware, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under strict configuration control
- Provide technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff on CM processes
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Strong communication skills - able to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and Program leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with RHEL and Windows Server 2008
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with container management and orchestration tools
- Experience with applying STIG requirements
- Experience in DevOps, Site Reliability, and/or backend/infrastructure engineering
- Experience managing application and system logs
- SCM experience in a variety of software development projects.
- Must have at least two years of experience managing software baselines and producing builds of software configurations to include knowledge about automation and orchestration enabling continuous integration and deployment of both product and infrastructure
- Must have experience with Git, or a similar version control system.
- Must have experience working at a Unix/Linux command line
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+CE.
- Currently possess an active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with DISA applications, Order Entry and/or Request Fulfillment processes,
- Experience with MilCloud and DECC hosting environments
- Experience with Kinetic Data Core Edition
- Experience with Datastax Cassandra
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, and Jenkins for automated deployments from a version controlled source. Ruby scripting a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development environment would also be a plus
GSM-O TO37 DSF