The Government Health and Safety Solutions Group is seeking an Operations Management Support Program Manager, contingent upon contract award, as part of a highly visible Health Information Technology (IT) services effort. The Program Manager position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Manager will manage a 24x7 Operations Management Support Program which includes a Technical Operations Center (TOC) with Tier 1 team of network engineers of various skill sets and experience that provide network monitoring, engineering, and orchestration of outage and issue resolution as well as a the daily operation of a TOC. Experienced manager capable of successfully directing project planning, development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements. Participates in project initiation activates, including plan and budget preparation; leads the project team in successfully executing the project closeout activities, including collecting lessons learned. The Program manager will draft reports and communication with executive leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
At a minimum, the duties of the Program Manager will include:
- Perform day to day management and scheduling of the NOC personnel
- Communicate to executive leadership statuses and issues; effective analysis of network visibility and availability
- Work with the technical leadership to effectively plan and manage network support services in support of the National Institutes of Health. Ensure project initiatives are completed on schedule and budget with adherence to high quality standards
- Provide thought leadership and innovation in the application of information technology
- Manage relationships and communications with all project stakeholders including customers and end users
- Staffing and Personnel Management
- Technical and Financial Reports and Forecasts
- Subcontractor Management and Oversight
- Accountability to the Customer for Contract Performance
- Cost Control and Financial Management
- Supervising Direct Report Employees Managing SOPs & Network Operations documentation on SharePoint System
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of total related experience (4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree)
Must have experience in managing and overseeing complex projects/Projects. Experience in public Health IT enterprise operations management is preferred. Candidates who demonstrate successful experience in managing within a co-sourcing environment as the customer's trusted advisor will have an advantage. ITIL foundation certification and PMP® or PgMP® credentials from the Project Management Institute is required. Previous networking experience or industry certifications are a plus (i.e. CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, etc).
• Bachelor's/master's degree in business or related field of expertise (4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree)
• Eight consecutive years of demonstrated successful management of multifaceted technical programs and Performance Work Statements
• PMP certified
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing complex contract program initiatives, change control processes, and managing diverse technical requirements
• Experience writing reports for executive leadership• 8+ years of hands-on experience in managing a group of network and technical professionals
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Sound knowledge of network-layered approach
• Knowledge about network management/ analysis/ monitoring tools
• Good understanding of Cisco and other vendors network devices and software
• Maintenance of technical staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and creating technical training plans for employees
• Strong financial analysis; achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances
• Manages conflicts and resolves problems
• Self-directed and goal-oriented
• Strong in analytical and project management.
• Maintenance of continuity across the project by documenting and communicating standard operating procedures, communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Experience reviewing work products to ensure that the work products are adequate prior to Federal review and acceptance
• Experience communicating orally and in writing providing recommendations regarding process and performance improvements
• Experience managing T&M or FFP type contracts of value between $5M and $20M per year
• Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
• People Management Skills: Must have the ability to manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality outputs on time and within budget. Ensures appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
• Customer Interface Skills: Extraordinary customer service skills. As a primary customer interface, must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, assure customer project is being executed effectively and have a sense of urgency in completing customer requests.
• General understanding of principles, techniques and practices of network and software engineering.
• Understanding of network architect designing and managing LAN, WAN, and VoIP networks
• Proposal writing and Business development
• Experience with the general nature and capabilities of microcomputers and high performance workstations.
• Experience communicating orally and in writing to advise top management on new developments and advanced techniques.
• Experience coordinating development of IT standards, guidelines, or policy.
• Experience working with and negotiating effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations.
• Experience monitoring and responding to customer requests to deliver service.
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. All selected candidates will undergo drug test, background check, educational qualifications check, and must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident and be able to obtain a public trust level 5b clearance. Candidate must maintain a valid driver's license to drive to NIH facilities in the local area. Candidate must be able to safely lift, move, rack and install network equipment up to 60lbs, as needed.