Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Citrix Engineer role will have experience in designing, implementing, managing and securing Citrix XenApp and Netscaler systems that can be on-premise or on cloud. You will be responsible for deployment and management of Citrix XenApp, Netscaler, StoreFront, Web Interface, and associated environment. Assist on the analysis, administration and support of Desktop, Thin Client, production workstations. Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for Citrix & VDI Environment. Serve as mentor for Junior and mid-level Citrix Administrators. You will be required to troubleshoot and working with other technical functional groups and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues related to the Citrix VDI environment.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Deployment and management of Citrix XenApp, NetScaler, StoreFront, Web Interface, and associated environments.
- Configuration and management of Citrix XenDesktop.
- Upgrade, patch, and migrate Citrix components as required.
- Application presentation and upgrades as they relate to Citrix environments.
- Manage and maintain Citrix VDI environment with Microsoft based servers, Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, NFS and related enterprise management systems.
- Gather requirements, design, and deploy server-based solutions to meet business needs.
- Troubleshoot end user issues related to Citrix.
- Create and maintain documentation of Citrix processes.
- Deploy, test, and maintain PVS and/or AppLayering golden images.
- Assist in maintaining XenDesktop non-persistent VDI environments.
- Provide support to customers and developers to deliver their applications via Citrix XenApp
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Citrix site availability and performance issues and engage Citrix as needed.
- Interact with other technical teams as needed (Datacom, firewall, storage, etc.).
- Participate in change control procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in a Citrix Engineering role within information technology or Master's Degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- Strong engineering experience in designing, implementing, managing and securing Citrix XenApp and Netscaler systems.
- Strong understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix XenDesktop7.x, XenApp 7.x and PVS built on vSphere ESXi Hosts.
- Strong knowledge of application virtualization through an assortment of technologies including Citrix XenApp and AppLayering 4.x.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix Licensing, Storefront, User Profile Management.