We are seeking a Software Test Engineer / Quality Assurance for a mission critical program in Chantilly, VA. The Software Test Engineer will perform unit and integration tests within development, test, and operational environments. The Test Engineer will test a mixture of custom code, COTS products, and web services in both traditional on-premises and cloud environments. The Test Engineer will communicate test results and progress to internal and external stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Perform functional tests using both front-end and command line interfaces.
• Create, execute, and maintain technical documentation for integration tests
• Communicate directly with customers and internal team leads to coordinate relevant testing
• Perform testing in development, test, and production environments
• Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on test progress during daily scrum meetings
• Demonstrated knowledge of software testing concepts
• Experience testing software and troubleshooting root causes
• Experience solving a broad range of technological challenges in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work successfully in a team and work independently representing the Leidos team
• Ability to facilitate and communicate to multiple audience levels in both oral and written formats.
• Ability to follow technical testing procedures and evaluate results.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
• Knowledge of test tools such as SoapUI, LoadRunner, Selenium, TOAD, pgAdmin
• Knowledge of authentication standards using OAuth, SAML, PKI
• System administration skills in support of RHEL, SE Linux, Solaris, Windows, Apache, IIS
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC), Scrum, and Agile processes
• Knowledge of Oracle Identity and Access Management suite, including OAM, OID, OVD, OHS
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer's timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Eligible