Join Leidos today, and help us meet our mission: To make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, science, and engineering. We have a new career opportunity for Software Developers to work in the CECOM Software Engineering Center, located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. A small amount of CONUS travel is expected. You must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance to be considered for this position.
We assist a worldwide customer base by providing critical Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) which includes Command & Control, Communications - Tactical (C3T) and other Army Mission Command (MC) systems to ensure superiority in the air, land, and maritime domains. We provide support in all stages of the system life cycle for all assigned MC systems including:
- Support to Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs)
- Software maintenance and emergency releases
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) releases in support of the Program Executive Office Command (PEO) C3T and Program Manager MC.
- Assist to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications.
- Work with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
- Support the engineering team to develop tools and interfaces
- Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- Have hands-on involvement to design embedded systems software.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. Candidate without clearance will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or applicable engineering discipline; 3 years of additional related experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 2-4 years functional experience with C, C++, SQL, and Linux OS
- Knowledge with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Experience with the Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Joint Capability Release (JCR), Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) and/or CPOF is preferred with understanding of the Network Operations Center (NOC), Lower TI, SEC lab architecture, IAVAM and PPSS processes.
External Referral Eligible