Leidos is seeking an Aeronautical Information Specialist to support our government customer in St. Louis, MO. Must be willing to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance to be considered.
The Aeronautical Information Specialist will create mission specific data sets in response to both customer requirements as well as crisis areas of the world using a variety of aeronautical source and evaluating that source for usability. They will be able to comprehend government specifications and use them to verify product compliance. They will be responsible for producing and maintaining flight publications on an on-going aeronautical cycle. The Specialist should have Aeronautical knowledge, including proficiency with instrument approach/arrival/departure procedures, airfield, and planning publications. Being detailed oriented is a must, as are strong organizational skills to complete time sensitive deadlines.
- BA/BS in Aeronautics, Aviation Science, or Flight Sciences a plus with 2-4 years experience or equivalent relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Civilian: FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating. 18 months to six years of experience to include at least 250 flight hours of which at least 25 hours are in simulated or actual instrument conditions
- Military: Military equivalent of FAA Commercial certificate, or at least 18 months experience frequently using terminal instrument procedures (i.e. Navigator, Mission Planner, etc.)
- ATC: In lieu of airman credentials, Air Traffic Controllers must have at least two years of controlling experience to include significant experience with terminal instrument procedures
- Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI level security clearance upon request
- Must be familiar with typical government customer processes and source operations
- Organized, have the ability to exercise attention to detail, and follow oral and written instructions
- Aeronautical knowledge specific to flight publications
- TERPS experience a plus.
"External Referral Eligible"