Leidos is seeking a highly capable and experienced Systems Engineer to join a team executing multiple contracts and research activities to develop and field capabilities for maritime sensors and systems. The individual will provide leadership in developing innovative mission capabilities for next-generation autonomous maritime payloads, enabling technologies, and platform integration capabilities. Projects include efforts that range from requirements analysis & derivation, through complete development and test, leading to delivery of operational capabilities and low-rate production . The position requires a solid background in design, development, and test of systems with software, electronics, and mechanical components and subsystems. Work will be performed with conjunction with Leidos-led industry teams and multiple U.S. Navy stakeholders and supporting laboratory and research organizations.
Typical efforts include technical planning, requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, interface definition, and subsystem design, development and test .
Duties include :
- Perform requirements analysis and derivation to define and allocate requirements, and produce system and subsystem specifications and verification criteria
- Lead system design activities, to include software, electrical, and mechanical design elements
- Lead and oversee development, integration, verification, and validation activities
- Evaluate solution alternatives considering cost and risk, supportability and system performance.
- Participate in customer reviews and prepares deliverable reports and specifications in accordance with
- Work to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact technical disciplines and system performance capabilities.
- Employ ingenuity and creativity to develop innovative technical solutions to achieve functional objectives.
Education & Experience :
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Naval, maritime, and/or military system definition, development, and delivery greatly preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Desired Experience :
- Familiarity with standard requirements management tools.
- Experience with software and electrical design tools.
- Experience in integrating payloads on US Navy platforms.
- Experience in at-sea operations and associated planning and reporting.