A high performing program at Leidos is looking for highly motivated personnel with an IT background. Applicants must be willing to work various hours to possibly include weekends.
The Operations team is responsible for 24X7 operational support of a mission-critical Enterprise Identity & Access Management system for the US Government. The position includes operational monitoring and management of Linux servers and COTS software, as well as acting as a contact for users who need assistance. Specific duties for this position include:
- Ability to quickly respond to system anomalies and independently make configuration updates to ensure 99.999% system availability requirements.
- Analyze Linux log data to effectively administer and maintain Oracle Identity and Access Management stack.
- Monitor system performance and take corrective actions as required
- Design, develop and implement new application monitoring software, as well as customizing existing monitoring tools to fit program needs.
- Investigate and resolve user application access issues.
- Resolve name change issues by updating system directory/LDAP with appropriate attribute changes from customer database.
- Document incidents, workaround, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Perform system checkouts and testing of system upgrades and patches in the operational environments
- Coordinate with enterprise partners on system outages and make decisions on system failover to different availability zones or data centers.
- Independently represent the program in supporting consumer or mission partner maintenance activities
- Coordinate communications with End Users, Tier 1, Tier 3, Management, mission partners, and Government Leadership
- Review and report meaningful metrics
- Produce written guides and operational procedures on how to utilize specific software tools to include custom Linux scripts and tailored COTS products.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Basic Qualifications:
o Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel
o Ability to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
o Strong problem solving and decision making skills
o Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team
o Ability to work various shifts to possibly include weekends
o Must have active TS/SCI Clearance w/ability to obtain Polygraph
• Desired Skills :
o Linux/UNIX experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires HS Diploma and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.