The Civil Group at Leidos is looking for an Information Assurance Analyst to assist in security administration, data analytics and event monitoring in our Gaithersburg, MD office.
Perform security scans, analyze scan results, and document findings for products as required to successfully complete continuous monitoring. Scan results and findings are to be documented according to NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes.
- Perform ISSO responsibilities, which includes acting as a point of contact for matters of cyber security relating to assigned systems, reviewing audit trail logs and scans, and ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures, and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Document and execute a plan for each security assessment and testing task performed in support of project tasks and as tasked for approved project requirements.
- Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements.
- Performing information system certification and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Providing architectural / risk based analysis of information assurance / cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Must possess excellent writing and communications skills; candidate shall have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentation and present the materials to the management team.
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: systems administration, network engineering, software development, integration and testing, data analytics or security operations.
- Bachelors degree in technology, engineering or related field from an accredited college AND 5 years of professional experience.
- Technical understanding of supporting security initiatives, conducting security monitoring, reporting and maintaining security compliance following security regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology
- Requires US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- CISSP security certification
- Other security certification or IT certifications in Linux, Windows and networking
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Windows Server Operating System or networking.
- Experience with Information Technology hardware & software support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with operating IT security tools.
- Experience with IT operations in cloud computing environments, i.e., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Computer system logging and auditing experience, data search and parsing using basic data analytics skills
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience with of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).