- The Defense & Intelligence group at Leidos has a career opening for an entry level Software Development Engineer located at either DISA HQ at Fort Meade, MD or DISA Global at Scott AFB, IL.
The software development engineer will design, develop and implement innovative new Software Defined Networking (SDN) capabilities solution to transform, optimize, modernize, sustain and secure worldwide DoD networks. This position on a fast-paced and rapidly growing project will provide opportunities to develop software in an agile environment and quickly learn new technologies.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, and implement SDN capabilities through collaboration with other engineers and coordination with Government customers.
• Apply working knowledge of technical domain to develop solutions to technical problems.
• Support troubleshooting, incident and problem management as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 1+ year of related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Experience on software development projects that include Java programing, including SOAP and REST web services development.
• PostgreSQL development experience, including DDL and triggers/stored procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering field
• Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
• Currently possess an active Secret clearance.
• An active 8570 IAT II Certification (Sec+ CE, or higher).
• DevOps experience
• Software Defined Networking experience, particularly with Lumina SDN Controller (OpenDaylight), Service and NFV Orchestration, Cisco NSO, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and/or Virtual Network Functions (VNF)
• Network configuration experience, specifically with Juniper or Cisco routers, to include protocols such as OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, MPLS, Pseudowires and QoS
• Experience developing software using SDN modeling languages and protocols such as YANG, NETCONF, RESTCONF and OpenFlow
• Experience with distributed version control software such as Git, as well as experience with the automation of testing, builds and deployments
• Experience developing software on a Linux platform (RHEL 7)
• Documentation experience, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design artifacts as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation
• Experience developing software in a DoD environment, including meeting STIGs and RMF controls
• Experience working with DISA or DoD Customers.