Leidos currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant to work from our customer site in Hines, Illinois. There is no remote work with this role, we do not provide relocation.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services such as benefits and home loan applications processing, focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
- The Administrative Assistant must have experience in typing documents without error and receive and log guests in and out of a facility.
- Must have experience with phone systems and take message competently.
- The Administrative Assistant must have experience and be proficient with graphic tools and produce documents without errors. Must be able to plan, maintain and manage schedules for staff. Must have experience and be proficient with a wide variety of graphic and office automation tools and produce documents without errors.
- The Administrative Assistant must have experience and knowledge in proofreading and editing documents that are highly technical in nature which was created by others to ensure proper format, grammar, and style.
- Facilitate and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and reserve conference space for personnel as well as performing meeting set-up and other coordination activities. New, recurring, rescheduling or cancellation of meetings and/or appointments shall be scheduled the same day the request is received.
- Prepare interoffice correspondence and maintain administrative filing system for the Service with an internal administrative control, e.g. ensure that new information is added to administrative files and databases are maintained and disposition of outdated file materials or transfer files to inactive storage.
- Prepare and maintain operating and desk procedures, methods, standards, policy memoranda and techniques concerning administrative procedures within the Service, and recommend required changes and adjustment to assure proper and accomplishment of Service goals and objectives.
- Maintain the Service e-mail box by taking action on each message.
- Prepare, edit and/or conduct reviews for recurring and one-time reports, suspense items, date sensitive actions and correspondence required for the various functions of the Service. The
- Contractor shall ensure final documents are routed or mailed to the designated source(s) after
- receipt of all required concurrence/approvals.
- Handle travel arrangements, Prepare reports, correspondence and fact sheets for use by Service in support of decision making.
- Superior in Administrative Support
- Competent with process improvement techniques and principles
- Strong critical thinking, and gap analysis abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills - brainstorms with other staff members for resolutions
- Superior human interaction skills with the ability to meet and deal effectively with individuals of all levels inside and outside of the workplace.
- Superior planning, scheduling and coordinating skills working with management to create a smooth workflow and timely deliverables
- Excellent special projects administrator skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Skilled Vendor and Stakeholder Management
- Proficient in MS Office 2010 Suite, SharePoint
- AA in a business discipline or 2 years of business school. Requires 8 years of experience. 4 additional years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.