This is where your legacy begins! The Leidos Technology Center (LTC) currently has an opening for a FPGA Hardware Engineer to work in our San Diego, California office. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects in its ISR/CBRN Division. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated engineer for advanced technology programs focused on FPGA engineering from research and development to productization.
Fun stuff you will do with us:
- Support applied research and engineering development of solutions and products in the fields of chemical, biological, radiation, nuclear, and space detection instrumentation.
- Provide FPGA input during the PCB hardware design phase and is the FPGA/HDL owner of development activities.
- Work closely with the science and manufacturing departments to facilitate transition of technology from the research stage to full production.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of experience developing FPGA solutions
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience with VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog
- Experience with HDL testbench design, HDL design verification, regression testing
- Thorough knowledge of FPGA architecture, design optimization, timing closure
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado, Virtex 7/Ultrascale/Ultrascale+
- Experience with bring up and debugging activities of custom FPGA based PCBs
- Experience implementing digital interface standards in FPGA designs (SPI, UART, I2C, USB, Ethernet, 10GbE, PCIe)
- Experience working with cross functional R&D teams developing embedded hardware
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- 5-15% travel to customer sites required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers (STM32, SiLabs, TI) is a plus
- Experience with OrCAD and PADS circuit design and layout tools for high speed digital designs is a plus
- Security clearance at the SECRET level or above