The Defense group at Leidos is presently seeking a Chief Technical Architect in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency Storefront (DSF) Program at Ft. Meade, MD. The position will be a telecommuter but will require regular travel to the customer site at Fort Meade.
This position will have management responsibility for a virtual team of Systems Engineers and Business Systems Analysts. They will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing the design and performance of the current and future technologies and architectures utilized in the entire DSF portfolio. They will have full responsibility for all decisions made relating to the technical implementation. Additionally, they will be accountable for requirements elicitation, documentation, and transfer to the development team and enabling requirements traceability from scoping through test and deployment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, technical and project management leadership tasks including:
- Management of Systems Engineers and Business Systems Analysts
- Software requirements elicitation, analysis, and documentation
- Evaluates and analyzes the design and performance of current and future technologies and architectures used in the DSF portfolio
- Full responsibility for all decisions relating to the technical implementation of the portfolio solutions
- Governs design and development activities through the Design Board authority and responsibility for multiple SCRUM teams
- Collaboratively work with the team leadership to define the technical priorities of the program portfolio
- Evaluating new technologies, platforms or enhancements which could expand or enhance the program portfolio.
- Senior level customer presentations and demonstrations
- Proposal and ROM responses for new DSF capabilities and ongoing enhancements
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. degree; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Strong communication skills - able to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and Program leadership
- Demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail
- Well-versed in enterprise Java implementations, web service construction and implementation, and a variety of web development frameworks (REACT, Angular, JSP)
- Familiarity with the full system lifecycle and advocate for technical discussion throughout design, development, integration, test, and sustainment activities
- Leadership experience utilizing agile methodologies
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Experience with DISA applications, Order Entry and/or Request Fulfillment processes,
- Experience on software development projects that included
- Ruby, and/or XML
- Kinetic Data
- Top Secret clearance