We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Cyber Architect based in London.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
This position reports to the Sector Technical Lead and works with the Cyber Business Development Lead to support the following business functions:
- Provide technical governance to the UK Cyber strategy
- To work with the Business Development team to understand the various agencies within the UK markets that have cyber requirements
- Generate Cyber solutions to provide comprehensive protective monitoring systems
- Perform bid qualification assessments
- Facilitate the translation of customer requirements to design parameters
- Using sector and industry experience to contribute to development of new service offerings that are future proof, maintainable and profitable
- Facilitate the development of the design scope and specify the design scope for our partners and suppliers.
- Work with the Chief Engineer to specify the appropriate technology and tools
- Develop the High level Design and lead the development of the solution designs
- Support the development the BOM (Bill of Material) and BOE (Basis of Estimate)
- Support business development through proactive opportunity identification, proposition development via business cases
Project / Program Execution
- Ensure the technical designs achieve the intended business objectives in line with the technical requirements defined and scoped
- Facilitate the approval of the designs with the customer
- Perform technical impact assessments for any proposed changes
- Ensure all designs are well integrated and achieve the intended outcomes
- Provide support and guidance to the technical team to ensure detailed designs meet derived requirements
- Peer review design documentation prior to presentation for approval
- Ensure the designs meet all the operational readiness requirements to ensure successful handover to BAU
Leidos strives to be a recognized global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
You will have:
- A strong understanding of the agencies within the UK that have cyber requirements
- Excellent understanding of the Cyber market and the major drivers
- Excellent knowledge of government standards and best practice (e.g. CESG GPG 13)
- CISSP or CCP IA, CESG Certification with ISO 27001 and GPG13 experience
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving ability
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well under time and budget pressures
- Specific Cloud Computing experience and understanding of TOGAF TOSCA would be beneficial
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.